Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I change thread note from M12x1.75 to M12?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Andy_Kuang
1685 Views, 4 Replies

For our drawing standard, we don’t put the standard thread pitch into the thread note, and we have to manual to over write the thread note. But when the thread size changes and the note never get updated.  Is there any other way to get the note to link to the thread size?

Thanks in advance.

Andy

021211.JPG

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
udayag
in reply to: Andy_Kuang

You could edit the thread.xls file to achieve what you want. In ANSI Metric M profile worksheet there are 2 rows where the Thread Designation is "M12x1.75". These 2 rows have the same value for Custom Thread Designation also. You need to edit the Custom Thread Designation of these 2 rows to be "M12".

Obviously you would need to edit other rows as well. For example, if you use a pitch of 1.5 for the M10 size you would change the Custom Thread Designation from "M10x1.5" to "M10" in the appicable two rows.

Udaya Gunasena
Fusion Development
Autodesk
Message 3 of 5
Andy_Kuang
in reply to: udayag

Hi Udaya Gunasena,

Thanks for your information.

When I search my computer, there are 6 thread.xls files. Can you tell me which one should I edit? Are these files all the same or different?

Regards

Andy

Message 4 of 5
udayag
in reply to: Andy_Kuang

The thread.xls file used by Inventor should be in the "design data" folder, the location of which is defined in the "file" tab of the Application Options dialog you get through the Tools menu. Typically it might be found in a place like C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2012\Design Data.

When you edit the thread.xls, make sure to back up the original first. Also the edits should be be done while Inventor is not running.

Udaya Gunasena
Fusion Development
Autodesk
Message 5 of 5
SBix26
in reply to: udayag

The default Design Data folder, defined as above in the App Options > Files tab, may be overridden by a project file, so be sure to check your current project definition first-- if its Design Data folder is set to 'default', then check the App Options.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report