Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hotfix Kb971138 Download for Vista

60 REPLIES 60
Message 1 of 61
NickHambleton5389
23753 Views, 60 Replies

Hotfix Kb971138 Download for Vista

Morning,

I received  Autodesk Product Design Suite Premium 2012. I'm trying to install and it's saying that I need Hotfix KB971138 for Vista. I can't seem to locate the download link. I found a page that autodesk directs you too, but there's no Link that I can find. Has anyone been through this and found the fix?

System

Core i7 950 @ 4ghz

Asus P6T X58

Corsair Dom 6gig 1600mhz

Evga Gtx 260

Win Vista 64bit Ult

60 REPLIES 60
Message 21 of 61

You won't be able to install without that hotfix. Provide me an email and I will forward the email from Microsoft for you. There's instructions in the email that will get you installed.

Message 22 of 61

I just read through the email that was sent to me and the password was only good untill the 22nd of april.

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

Message 23 of 61

what was the right name of the hotfix if it isnt Microsoft Vista Hotfix KB971138?

I can't figure out if it's the x86, x64, or ia64.

Message 24 of 61

x86 for 32bit

x64 for 64bit

The download that you click on has a different # than the Kb971138 but it's the fix you need. I listed the techs info. Email or call him and he should be able to help you out.

Message 25 of 61

Nick,

Could you provide me with the information on the tech to talk to? I am attempting to install 2012 on 2 vista machines. I down loaded the hotfix and when extracting it I pushed run and it almost imediately said "done" but no screens opened up. I rebooted and attempted to load again but still am unable to install Inventor 2012.

Thank you

Jim

jimengr@duolift.com

Jim

Inventor Premium 2013 SP1.1
Vault 2013- plain vanilla version
HP G71 notebook
celeron cpu w\ 4gb RAM and 64 bit system
Win 7 home premium

Ya, my boss has me running my personal machine at work.
Tags (1)
Message 26 of 61

It's in post 22. All info right there.

Message 27 of 61

Thank you, I missed it before.

Jim

Jim

Inventor Premium 2013 SP1.1
Vault 2013- plain vanilla version
HP G71 notebook
celeron cpu w\ 4gb RAM and 64 bit system
Win 7 home premium

Ya, my boss has me running my personal machine at work.
Message 28 of 61

No prob. Anytime!!

Message 29 of 61

Hey just wondering... which files does it want me to unzip...... it comes up with a black tab so i dont know where to go???

Message 30 of 61

Not sure what your meaning. You should download a zip file. Once that file is downloaded, right click on it and extract to folder. Then go in that folder and you should be able to double click on it and install. Once installed, Retry installing Inventor. If it installs fine, then you can delete the zip file and the folder you unzipped, or keep that file for a future install. Hope this helps.

Message 31 of 61
icky556
in reply to: NickHambleton5389

Message 32 of 61

please i need to down load the hot fix can anyone help me with it?

Tags (1)
Message 33 of 61
oyebanji.sotunde
in reply to: icky556

sotundeoyebanji@yahoo.co.uk oroyebanji.sotunde@student.hamk.fi

Message 34 of 61

Read post 14 and through the rest of the posts. I've gave the guys name at Microsoft to call and his email. I've posted the link also. You will need to ask Microsoft for the download will a valid experation date.

Wait, HEY ADMIN, WHY DID YOU REMOVE THE CONTACT NAME AT MICROSOFT!!??

A quick search found this article in the Inventor knowledge base on the issue.

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

Message 35 of 61

OK I downloaded the HOTFIX at the link provided in one of the previous posts...I got the email, extracted it, went to install it and got the message "...error:0x80070005" pop-up.

I tried to search a bit about it, but im not certain.

Do I have to run the Hotfix as an Administrator on my PC? 

The extraction didnt require a password as mentioned in previous posts.

Help?

Message 36 of 61

I have provided the hotfix for download, sans password here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Email-with-hotfix-for-inventor-has-no-password/...

Help Improve the Autodesk Discussion Groups
--------------------------------------------------------
If I was able to resolve your issue, please select the "Accept as Solution" option so that you can help fellow members quickly find solutions to their problems. Please add Kudos to a post if you were helped by a post that you did not author.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 37 of 61
jlb58bmx
in reply to: TravisNave

I just fixed it myself. It was a Vista issue being that my user account wasnt an admin , but once i logged onto the admin account it installed.

Message 38 of 61

Im trying to install inventor 2012 for Vista but since i dont have this (Microsoft Vista Hotfix KB971138.) I can't. Can you explain me a little bit what it is and how to download it, thank  you. my mail is dialcruzb@hotmail.com

Message 39 of 61

It's in my link above.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 40 of 61
DarrenP
in reply to: TravisNave

you can go to the microsoft site to see what it is

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report