Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hotfix INV19101 causes program termination

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Neil_Cross
209 Views, 1 Reply

Hotfix INV19101 causes program termination

I've just had a couple of guaranteed program terminations when switching to Vault Server in the content centre access options. (I sent the crash reports in so Chris if you're reading this they've went through on my SMD email address).

I don't have Vault Professional 2015 R2 installed, but I had hotfix INV19101 installed.  I don't recall installing this hotfix, potentially it came up in the application manager and I just went ahead and let it do it's thing.

I uninstalled hotfix INV19101 and now Inventor doesn't crash when switching option.

So, is this hotfix actually causing a crash if it's installed on a system that doesn't have 2015 R2? That appears to be what's happening here with me.

Can anyone reproduce?

I've went through the README, albeit quickly, and I couldn't see any warning about not installing this unless it's absolutely necessary.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hi Neil,

Yes, the R2 release has certainly introduced some complexities for us.... As you've now seen, that hotfix should only be installed if you have R2 installed.

If you don't have R2 then you are still allowed to install it, but then it actually causes the problem that you wouldn't have seen if you didn't install it !

The download page obvously needs some clearer verbiage adding to make it obvious that you should only install when using R2. I don't recall that this was pushed out through App Mgr though for this exact reason, but I may be wrong there.

Thanks for highlighting this.

Chris

Chris Mitchell
PDMS Customer Engagment Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report