Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hose assemblies shown straight and as installed

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
soggys3
247 Views, 2 Replies

Hose assemblies shown straight and as installed

All,

I have a hose assembly file that needs to be shown in two configurations (1 would be as ordered shown straight and 2 would be as shown in an upper level assembly). Currently we have accomplished this with having two assembly files. The straight assembly would be populating the idw. the other assembly would be shown in an upper level assembly. I am thinking this is a poor practice since changes to one file would not directly impact the other and the upper level BOM would reflect an incorrect part number. Is there another way to show two configurations of one iam. I have attached both images for clarity.

Thank you in advance!! 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mcgyvr
in reply to: soggys3

iassembly..iparts

I do it all the time with for example "ring terminals" which are ordered straight and installed "bent" in the iam file. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 3
4donwan4
in reply to: mcgyvr

I can also only think of doing this with IAssemblies, it would be the best option here.

Regards,

Don

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report