Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hole Table

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
478 Views, 6 Replies

Hole Table

I have a part that has three holes that are thru all and counter bored, all are the same exact size and counter bore is the same except two are on one side of the part and one is on the other.

I brought in the hole table on the drawing and it shows all the same information but it also shows that they are all are going in the same direction, how do I get it to show that two are going up from other side of part and one is going down from this side

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Mario428
in reply to: Anonymous

Would be interested to know what you expect the table to say.

I would edit the table and label holes as being near side or far side.

Hole table uses a face of a part to determine what holes are in it and assumes all features go down from that face.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Mario428

I would like it to give direction of hole and counter bore

Message 4 of 7
Mario428

@Anonymous wrote:

I would like it to give direction of hole and counter bore

Not to be a "****" but I understood that from your first post.

How would you think it would be shown to make it clear. Really does not matter as a hole table is taken from a face and all features are assumed to be machined into that face.

Edit hole table as described in my first reply and go from there.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Hmmm....

how about how to set the drawing template to a 3 place precision and when I bring the hole table in it has ALL columns at 3 places including the description, I know how to edit the X and Y in the table but the description doesn't allow me to change it the same way. Also when I dimension the part it has 3 place precision.

I have had several people try and help but never got me to where I want to be

Message 6 of 7
Mario428

@Anonymous wrote:

Hmmm....

how about how to set the drawing template to a 3 place precision and when I bring the hole table in it has ALL columns at 3 places including the description, I know how to edit the X and Y in the table but the description doesn't allow me to change it the same way. Also when I dimension the part it has 3 place precision.

I have had several people try and help but never got me to where I want to be

Description is basically the same as a Hole & Thread note, if you set them up the way you want then the hole table will follow.

Go to a drawing and creat a Hole & Thread note, right click the note and click edit style, window should come up to match the pic I attached.

If "Use Default " is checked, uncheck it

Click on "Precision and Tolerance " icon, set all your parameters as you want them, I prefer 3 dec places for diameters and 2 for depths but whatever you wish.

Close that window and click on "apply to all" icon, then click Save button at the top of the window, hole notes and hole table descriptions should follow the parameters you specified. If not try again.

If you do not want your dimensions to 3 dec places, what do you want?  We are a fabrication shop doing medium size fabrications and we use fractional on our drawings

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

My post was misleading at the end, I DO want it to have 3 place precision. I want the whole drawing to be at 3 place precision without having to do any setup on each drawing, I want to fix the template to have eveything come in that way, as I said including the Hole Table and ALL columns, let me try what you have posted this morning and get back to you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report