Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hole Table X-Y dimensions trailing zeros. Can I turn off

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Digitek-USA
1590 Views, 5 Replies

Hole Table X-Y dimensions trailing zeros. Can I turn off

I figured out how to change the precision of the X-Y location dimensions in a hole table, but is there a way to turn off trailing zeros? I have turned them off in my styles, but for some reason the styles don't effect hole tables. Maybe I just don't know where to look?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
blair
in reply to: Digitek-USA

Slightly hidden the first time: RMB select the X-Y hole table, select Edit Hole Table Style, then you need to RMB on the XDIM and YDIM and select the Format Column. You should then be able to set your Precision

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 6
Digitek-USA

Thanks for the reply,

But what I am looking for is a way to turn off the trailing zeros. Example, If I have dimensions that are 23.00 and 23.50 I want them to be displayed as 23 and 23.5. I know you can set precision on each individual cell, but wat too time consuming. If I edit styles I have the option to turn off trailing zeros for dimension styles but that option does not exist for hole table styles???.

Message 4 of 6
blair

Tables follow the explicit formating of the table/cell, you don't have the ability to drop trailing Zeros.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 6
Curtis_Waguespack
in reply to: blair

Hi blair,

I think your first suggestion was correct, other than one slight correction:

• Right-click the hole table
  • Select Edit Hole Table Style
  • Then Right-click on the XDIM and YDIM row
  • Select the Format Column
  • Use the buttons to suppress or include leading or trailig zeros

You might need to switch the hole table from the current style to a different one and then back to "refresh" the style/overrides the existing table is using.

Autodesk Inventor Hole Table Leading Trailing Zeros.png

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 6 of 6

That's it right in front of my big nose, thank you very much!!!Smiley Very Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report