Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hole Patching when creating derived part

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
hhls11
1491 Views, 4 Replies

Hole Patching when creating derived part

All,

I am trying to patch up a bunch of small holes in a derived assembly. I've tried going to the options tab that comes up when deriving the part/assembly and plugging in values for the range of hole sizes to be patched, but I get no results when clicking ok. I have scaled down the assembly to 1/10 the original size. I set the range of holes to be patched from 0 to 0.25". The diameter of the holes in the assembly are only 0.017" after scaling down. Is there something that I'm missing here?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Inventor Professional 2021
Intel Core i7-9700K @ 3.60Ghz
16GB DDR4 RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 Super GPU
Windows 10 Professional 64-bit
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
cwhetten
in reply to: hhls11

I'm not sure if the range criterion is applied before scaling it down or after, but I would imagine before.

Note that the range criterion says (Perimeter).  For a circular hole, this means that it evaluates the circumference of the hole, not the diameter.

Before scaling, the diameter of your hole is 0.17", therefore the circumference of your hole would be 0.17 * pi = 0.53" and this would fall outside of the range you specified (0 - 0.25").

Try adjusting your range, keeping in mind that it is the perimeter that is evaluated.

Message 3 of 5
hhls11
in reply to: cwhetten

Wow, my bonehead mistake! i completely missed the perimeter part. That did the trick. Thank you much!

Inventor Professional 2021
Intel Core i7-9700K @ 3.60Ghz
16GB DDR4 RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 Super GPU
Windows 10 Professional 64-bit
Message 4 of 5
wtw151
in reply to: cwhetten

I am having a similar issue (without scaling), but with the shrinkwrap function. My range is 0"-6" and most of the holes are filled, only a few remain. These holes are the exact same diameter as ones that ARE eliminated properly, and in the same plane as well, so I can't imagine why these ones are being neglected.

Message 5 of 5
raymondxu
in reply to: wtw151

Thanks for reporting this issue. Sorry for inconvenience.

I am wondering whether you can share me with your dataset? So Inventor engineering team can take a look what happen there.

My email alias is: raymond.xu@autodesk.com

Thanks,

Ray

Raymond Xu
Software Architect
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report