Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hole Note Trouble

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
241 Views, 4 Replies

Hole Note Trouble

I tried to place a hole note on a chamfered hole. Inventor will not allow me to choose the drilled diameter, it picks the chamfered diameter instead. The hole note shown here has the correct dimension, but it is pointing to the chamfer diameter, not the drilled diameter as it should be. How can I get the arrow to point to the correct diameter? Kirk -- Inventor R8 Dell 4550 WinXP Pro P4, 2.8 Ghz, 1G Quadro 900 XGL nVidia v6.14.10.4403 1280x1024, 32 bit
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

You might try switching to a different standard. I've ran into these kind of situation numerous times. One time I had a counterbored threaded hole and Inventor took over control of the hole to a point to where I couldn't even call out a thread on it. All it wanted to do is add some silly DIN standard but thats not what I wanted it to add. Standards need to be yanked out of Inventor!
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

You might try switching to a different standard. I've ran into these kind of situation numerous times. One time I had a counterbored threaded hole and Inventor took over control of the hole to a point to where I couldn't even call out a thread on it. All it wanted to do is add some silly DIN standard but thats not what I wanted it to add. Standards need to be yanked out of Inventor!
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

I think this is a limitation in Inventor, I've learned to live with it. If it is really important, I'll dimension it using the "D" command, rather than use the hole note annotation command. "Kirk A." wrote in message news:3ffd8a43_2@statler... > I tried to place a hole note on a chamfered hole. Inventor will not allow > me to choose the drilled diameter, it picks the chamfered diameter instead. > The hole note shown here has the correct dimension, but it is pointing to > the chamfer diameter, not the drilled diameter as it should be. > > How can I get the arrow to point to the correct diameter? > > Kirk > -- > Inventor R8 > Dell 4550 > WinXP Pro > P4, 2.8 Ghz, 1G > Quadro 900 XGL > nVidia v6.14.10.4403 > 1280x1024, 32 bit > > >
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Maybe iTeam thinks chamfers are just so many bits of machinist brain mold or someth'n, eh? Actually, I think the reason is because the chamber is normal to the view-plane but the hole isn't and Inventor can't seem to tell it's a hole with a chamfer. Many of us mention this oversight from time to time as we do the inflexible section lines but no comments on the chamfer/hole shortcoming I can remember. I think Gary (now watch it have been someone else) said that they added the flexible section lines (curved, etc) to the wish list three or four releases back. Nothing since. ~Larry "Kirk A." wrote in message news:3ffd8a43_2@statler... > I tried to place a hole note on a chamfered hole. Inventor will not allow > me to choose the drilled diameter, it picks the chamfered diameter instead. > The hole note shown here has the correct dimension, but it is pointing to > the chamfer diameter, not the drilled diameter as it should be. > > How can I get the arrow to point to the correct diameter? > > Kirk > -- > Inventor R8 > Dell 4550 > WinXP Pro > P4, 2.8 Ghz, 1G > Quadro 900 XGL > nVidia v6.14.10.4403 > 1280x1024, 32 bit > > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report