Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hole diameter deviation not correct

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
mnielsen55
377 Views, 5 Replies

Hole diameter deviation not correct

I'm trying to put a tolerance of +.000 - .001 on a hole diameter, but when I fill out the Precision and tolerance form in edit hole notes it keeps coming up as +.000 +.001.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

I've attached the drawing.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
mcgyvr
in reply to: mnielsen55

Is tolerance method "deviation"

and is there a + next to the upper box and a - next to the Lower box?

I'd guess that there is a + next to both boxes.. If so simply click on the + next to lower and it will change to a -

oh wait.. you said hole note.. Little different dialog..

You need to put -.001 in the lower box not .001

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 6
JDMather

My guess is that you are entering --.001 (the first minus by Inventor).  In mathematics a -- is +.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 4 of 6
mcgyvr
in reply to: JDMather

@Anonymous wrote:

My guess is that you are entering --.001 (the first minus by Inventor).  In mathematics a -- is +.

He is just entering .001 but needs to enter -.001 in the lower.

One might "assume" that lower would automatically be a negative number and you don't have to enter the negative sign..but you do.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Message 5 of 6
mnielsen55
in reply to: mcgyvr

I guess it makes sense that it is required to put a "-" in there so you can add a tolerance of +.001 +.006 or something like that.

Thanks for the help!

Message 6 of 6
mcgyvr

@mnielsen55 wrote:

I guess it makes sense that it is required to put a "-" in there so you can add a tolerance of +.001 +.006 or something like that.

Thanks for the help!

exactly.. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report