Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hole Chart in Drawing Environment

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
crev64
2505 Views, 6 Replies

Hole Chart in Drawing Environment

I have a lot of scenarios where I have a plate with a bunch of holes (20-50) that I need to do a drawing of. Standard dimensioning is quite cluttered so what I have been doing is creating a hole table. I make a blank table with enough rows for each hole. The columns are hole #, X, Y, and hole type. So I go through and give the X and Y distance from a common point (top left corner) for each hole. This makes it easy to figure out where each hole is when it comes time to drill. I'm current putting these distances in manually which can be error-prone. Is there anyway to have the program fill in these distances and update it whenever there is a change?

Crev64
Autodesk Inventor 2015
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
japike
in reply to: crev64

Annotate tab/Table panel/Hole table tool.

Peace,
Jeff
Inventor 2022
Message 3 of 7
mpatchus

There is a Hole Table feature built into Inventor to quickly do this for you.

Simply specify the origin and it will complete the X-Y dimensions for you.

hole table.JPG

Mike Patchus - Lancaster SC

Inventor 2025 Beta

Alienware m17, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 3.10 GHz, Win 11, 64gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. 🙂
Message 4 of 7
crev64
in reply to: japike

Thanks guys. My life changed today. 

Crev64
Autodesk Inventor 2015
Message 5 of 7
mpatchus

Certainly beats the heck out of doing it manually.

hole table example.JPG

Mike Patchus - Lancaster SC

Inventor 2025 Beta

Alienware m17, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 3.10 GHz, Win 11, 64gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. 🙂
Message 6 of 7
ScottSwens

I am trying to add a set of holes to a chart I created. I right click, row, add hole. Pock the holes I wish to add. I now I am to hit 'create' next but that is grayed out.

I even saved my drawing, exited Inventor and reopened.

I have opened up the Edit Hole Table dialog box to change the filters even though they are holes.

Suggestions?

I am on Iv 2013

Message 7 of 7
obendov

Hi
I succeded only to create hole chart in the model. Is there a way to import it to the drawing layout as well (the chart that i built seperatly ilayout was built from points and did'nt give the correct values).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report