Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hiring a part-time Inventor artist?

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
jonkovach
922 Views, 10 Replies

Hiring a part-time Inventor artist?

Hi all,

We use Autodesk Inventor at our company to generate approval drawings for our customers.  The work we do is nothing entirely too complex, but it's time consuming enough that it's a bother to the few people here that know how to generate the drawings.  On top of that, we have on-going long-term projects that we want to complete.

We are a custom shop, and nothing we do is complex.  However, we do a LOT of different things.  So I need someone that can learn what we do, how we do it, and take direction from us.  Would LOVE someone local.  Would LOVE to have someone come into our office for even just 4 hours a day.  But I can be flexible and creative.  Bottom line is, I don't have enough work to hire someone on full time.

Reason I'm posting...  how can I reach these people?  How can I find this kind of talent?  An Autodesk job board?  A Monster posting?  Any ideas?  Does anyone have any experience with this sort of thing?

Thanks,

Jon

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Hi jonkovach,

I would recommend that you create a detailed job posting in the classifieds area:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Classifieds/bd-p/119

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 3 of 11
mcgyvr
in reply to: jonkovach

@jonkovach wrote:

how can I reach these people?  How can I find this kind of talent?  An Autodesk job board?  A Monster posting?  Any ideas?  Does anyone have any experience with this sort of thing?

Thanks,

Jon

No different than any other job..

post an add in the paper/monster/your website,etc...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 4 of 11
IgorMir

Hi Jon,

I wish you were in Perth, Western Australia...

Cheers,

Igor.

Web: www.meqc.com.au
Message 5 of 11
WHolzwarth
in reply to: IgorMir

Smiley Wink Or simply come over to Germany.

Walter Holzwarth

EESignature

Message 6 of 11
sam_m
in reply to: WHolzwarth

"Inventor Artist" - I quite like that term, more "fun" than the normal mechanical/design engineer.

Sam M.
Inventor and Showcase monkey

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question...
If you have found any post to be helpful, even if it's not a direct solution, then please provide that author kudos - spread that love 😄

Message 7 of 11
mrattray

You can also do some googling for freelance websites. You can hire freelance Inventor designers (or "artists") though these websites on your terms.
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 8 of 11
rdyson

Hey! Cincinnati might be closer.

PDSU 2016
Message 9 of 11
WHolzwarth
in reply to: rdyson

Smiley Wink

Walter Holzwarth

EESignature

Message 10 of 11
LT.Rusty

I would highly recommend looking at a temp agency / staffing service.  Look specifically at Aerotek or Volt.  We've had VERY good luck with getting people from Aerotek, and in fact that's how I got my job.  My local Aerotek office says that they place 15-20 Inventor users per year, and I'd be very surprised if they couldn't find someone in your local area. 

Rusty

EESignature

Message 11 of 11
jonkovach
in reply to: LT.Rusty

Thanks everyone for the great ideas.  I posted on the Autodesk job board, and requested some information from Aerotek.  I hope I can find someone local!

Thanks,

Jon

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report