Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hiding/Removing Default Templates

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
MechMachineMan
327 Views, 4 Replies

Hiding/Removing Default Templates

Is there a way to hide/not use the default templates?

What is happening is that I have 2 application option xml files configured for either small or large assemblies.

Whenever I import one of these, it brings in all of the default templates in inventor.

Is there a way to prevent it from bringing in the default templates?

They make the folder with all the other actual templates look really ugly. 

I've tried moving the default template to a sub folder, in hopes that it would look below, but it instead always creates them in default template folder.

In the end, I want the initial "New" screen to show the templates without any of the default templates and always do this even after I import options.

Perhaps I can modify the XML to get it to not even look for templates?

--------------------------------------
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the 'Accept as Solution' or 'Like' button below.

Justin K
Inventor 2018.2.3, Build 227 | Excel 2013+ VBA
ERP/CAD Communication | Custom Scripting
Machine Design | Process Optimization

iLogic/Inventor API: Autodesk Online Help | API Shortcut In Google Chrome | iLogic API Documentation
Vb.Net/VBA Programming: MSDN | Stackoverflow | Excel Object Model
Inventor API/VBA/Vb.Net Learning Resources: Forum Thread

Sample Solutions:Debugging in iLogic ( and Batch PDF Export Sample ) | API HasSaveCopyAs Issues |
BOM Export & Column Reorder | Reorient Skewed Part | Add Internal Profile Dogbones |
Run iLogic From VBA | Batch File Renaming| Continuous Pick/Rename Objects

Local Help: %PUBLIC%\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2018\Local Help

Ideas: Dockable/Customizable Property Browser | Section Line API/Thread Feature in Assembly/PartsList API Static Cells | Fourth BOM Type
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
blair
in reply to: MechMachineMan

I would modify the XML file to only bring in the template you require.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 5
MechMachineMan
in reply to: blair

Ok, well how is that done? Within the .xml all I'm seeing in terms of templates is:

.xml sample

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the 'Accept as Solution' or 'Like' button below.

Justin K

iLogic/Inventor API: Autodesk Online Help | API Shortcut In Google Chrome | iLogic API Documentation

Sample Solutions:Debugging in iLogic ( and Batch PDF Export Sample ) | API HasSaveCopyAs Issues |
BOM Export & Column Reorder | Reorient Skewed Part | Add Internal Profile Dogbones |

Ideas: Dockable/Customizable Property Browser | Section Line API/Thread Feature in Assembly/PartsList API Static Cells | Fourth BOM Type
Message 4 of 5
blair
in reply to: MechMachineMan

I guess, I don't really understand why you have XML files configured for different sized IAM files. We have our own customized templates for different sized drawings, IPT's for different types of materials as well as Weldments with different weld materials. In 15 years of using Inventor I've never had or used different XML files.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 5
MechMachineMan
in reply to: blair

I was using different XML's and importing them to change my application options in bulk, following the tips of this article:

http://help.autodesk.com.s3.amazonaws.com/sfdcarticles/kA230000000tfTNCAY/Large%20Assembly%20Instruc...

Justin K

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report