Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HIDING OR NOT PRINTING A BOM ON A DRAWING

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Neil_J56
400 Views, 4 Replies

HIDING OR NOT PRINTING A BOM ON A DRAWING

Good Morning,

I have made a series of drawings from a Inventor file to send to a customer, but I am not willing to have the Bill of Materials print on them. Is there anyway to hide or set the BOM not to print?

Thanks

Neil J

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
riff62
in reply to: Neil_J56

If I am understanding your request correctly, I would just do a "Save Copy As" of your drawing, and delete the parts list out of that to send. Are you sending the  IDW, or a PDF, or ?

Message 3 of 5
Cadmanto
in reply to: Neil_J56

No.

Depending on what you need to send them either do what has already been suggested, or do a series of window (cropped) prints of certain sections of the drawing.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 4 of 5

Hi Neil_J56,

In addition to the other suggestions, you can go to the Annotate tab in the drawing enviroment and click the Edit Layers button, and then create a new layer called "No Print" or something similar, and then click the Plot button to set it so that will not print (it will be marked with a red slash through the icon to indicate this).

Then you can select your parts list and then use the layer pulldown menu to se the parts list to the No Print layer, then you can print the drawing or create a PDF, etc. and the Parts List will not show.

Autodesk Inventor Layer Control.png

Note too that you can also just move the Parts List off the sheet and it will not show in the print or PDF.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 5 of 5

For instances like this, we place our Parts List on a non-printing "REFERENCE" sheet in the drawing.

This gives us the option to exclude or include the parts list as desired when creating a PDF.

Mike Patchus - Lancaster SC

Inventor 2025 Beta

Alienware m17, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 3.10 GHz, Win 11, 64gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report