Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hiding Extrusion (cut) in Assembly

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
tfriedrich
14160 Views, 4 Replies

Hiding Extrusion (cut) in Assembly

I am working on detailing an assembly that requires two parts to be bolted together and then have a hole bored through both parts.  I want to show the assembly without the bore and then with the bore.  How do I go about this?  I do not want to have to create a derived part.  There should be a way of toggling this extrusion in the assembly view, but I have not yet found it.

Thank you,

Thom

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: tfriedrich

If you change the assembly to a weldment (doesn't matter if it isn't), you can show views at different stages.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 5
SBix26

If you make the assembly a weldment you have some options in the Edit View > Model State tab.  I haven't used this functionality the way you're hoping to, but I think this should work for you.

Message 4 of 5
mcgyvr

Not sure where/how you want to show this but I'd simply create an iassembly with 2 members.. Exclude the hole feature in one of the members.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 5 of 5
tfriedrich
in reply to: JDMather

Thanks JD, that's the solution I was looking for!

-Thom

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report