Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide section of a visible line in presentation

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
DanielCTurcotte
1778 Views, 10 Replies

Hide section of a visible line in presentation

Hi,

I was wondering,

Oone of my draftmen is trying to put an identification Tag on one of our assembly.

We made a symbole with our tag, and we put it on whatever where trying to identify directly on the presentation.

Our problem is that where not able to remove whatever is behind that symbole so that we can make that Tag readable.

Is it possible to make only part of a line invisible in our presentation?

Tank you

Sorry for my bad English

Inventor Version: 2022
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Cadmanto
in reply to: DanielCTurcotte

Rasckel,

Can you post an image of what you are seeing?  Is the tag a block, image, decal or what?

Sounds like you are trying to do this within the assembly model.  Is that correct?  Or are you trying to do this in the drawing.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 11

Thks for the quick response!

Its in our drawing that we want to input it

I've join a picture of what we would like to see.

Right now, on our .idw, the hidden lines are over it and we cant see it clearly.

And it would've bring the same result if we would put that tag directly on the assembly.

The hidden line will be in the way when it will be time to put it on paper. 

Thank you.

Message 4 of 11
Cadmanto

My first thoughts are this is not possible in the drawing without doing a whole lot of fanagiling.

What I wonder is if you can add this tag in the assembly model so it shows up automatically in the drawing and then you could turn off the hidden lines behind it.  Or do this in a more graphic friendly type program that allows you to doctor views like this up.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 5 of 11
DanielCTurcotte
in reply to: Cadmanto

If I add that tag on the assembly, Is there a way to remove only the hidden line specifically under it?

For example, if I put it on a flange of a W beam, the web will be shown in hidden line.

In this situation, I would like to remove only the portion that would be under my tag.

As shown in the PDF on my previous reply.

If there's a way, I would greatly appreciate it.

My thanks in advance!

Message 6 of 11

Hi Rasckel,

If you create a Sketched Symbol, and use the Fill/Hatch Region tool, you can create a "mask" of sorts. Just use the Color Fill option and use White as the color, then add your Prompted Entry or text field as needed on top of the fill region:

http://help.autodesk.com/cloudhelp/2014/ENU/Inventor/files/GUID-33ED192A-24C1-424C-8EF1-35E9081063B9...

http://help.autodesk.com/cloudhelp/2014/ENU/Inventor/files/GUID-AFCF8B5E-A9D0-4B04-A74B-76C0BC6AE9AB...

Autodesk Inventor Mask Symbol.png

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 7 of 11

Its a great idea, but we have to send to our client our files in DWG format.

If we do that, won't that hatch cover the name, and we wont, after that, be able to see it?

Message 8 of 11
Cadmanto

Yes, actually if you did place it in the assembly model, in the drawing then the hidden line segments behind the tag would be seperate line segments that could be selected and have the visibility turned off.  Thus giving you what you are looking for.

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 9 of 11
DanielCTurcotte

Thks Cadman , ill try this!

Message 10 of 11
Cadmanto

You're welcome.  Let us know how you make out and post an image of your success.

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 11 of 11
DanielCTurcotte

Hi CadMantor,

I`ve tried to replicate what you wrote about removing the hidden line segment. But with no result.

i dont  know where exactly i should go, so that i can remove those specific line like you said?

What am i missing?

Thank you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report