Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hessian of tent autodesk inventor

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
723 Views, 4 Replies

hessian of tent autodesk inventor

Hi,

I contact you because I am a french student in an engineering school and I work actually on a humanitarian project that pose me a problem.
The aim of this project is to develop tents for Africa and I do not know if it is possible to model a hessian of tent with Autodesk Inventor.
Please, could you tell me if it is possible, and if it is the case could you tell me how?

Your faithfully,

Pascal Sanz.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
johnsonshiue
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi! I am so glad to hear about the project. The short answer to your question is, "yes, it can be done in Inventor." But, it really depends on the level of detail required by the model. The short description you posted is not enough to help consititue the geometry. Please post an image or a more detailed description of the design. I am sure there are plenty of members on the forum willing to help fulfill the noble clause.

Good luck!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Thank you for your answer.

To help you and the other members of the forum I transmit you a picture of my project. It is a dome created with arches. Their number can evoluate and it is not excluded that transversal tubes be added. 
I actually work on a geodesic dome too and I am confronted with the same problem, the modeling of the hessian. But, for the moment, I have no picture to show you.

Message 4 of 5
johnsonshiue
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi! I think this can be done in Inventor easily. Each support should be a part, created by a circular profile sweeping along a curvy path (arcs or splines). Then insert the support part into an assembly. Next, just create a circular pattern of the support part around the central axis.

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Thank you again for your time,

I am going to try and I will come back on the forum to show you the results

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report