Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Herringbone Conveyor

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
BillMazza
409 Views, 0 Replies

Herringbone Conveyor

I'm just doing some work developing new conveyor assets for our library, for sales purposes. So I'm looking for some tips.

I have attached a picture of a herringbone conveyor I found online.

I can create the frames, put in user parameters regarding the length, and the width, and also to keep the center frame centered between the outer frames, and at the same length of the frame itself.

What I am having some trouble with is creating rollers that will be angled slightly towards the center from the side.

I was thinking the best approach would be to create a workplane angled to a side, so you create the circle pattern on either side frame, then with another workplane, angled to the frame by 10 degrees or so, project geometry onto that work plane, so now it's angled to the frame. properly dimensioning it is becoming an issue taking that approach, and also, it will show the rollers going straight into the frame, rather then stopping a 1/2 short of the frame itself.

I also want to develop a user parameter to adjust the angle of the conveyor itself, as well as perhaps the angle, and diameter of the rollers themselves.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report