Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with simulation of robot

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
jabirsaif
438 Views, 1 Reply

Help with simulation of robot

Hello,

I have been working with Autodesk Inventor 2012 to simulate a robot system.

I have so far succeeded in modeling the parts and the assembly, running static simulation on individual links and running a dynamic simulation on the entire system but I'm facing the following problems:

1- Material Assignment: I haven't been able to assign materials to be used in the dynamic simulation or even on the assembly level, I only did that in Static Simulation. When I click on a single part in the assembly or Dynamic Simulation and choose iProperties then Physical, i see that that the material is locked on 'Default' and i'm unable to change it in order to view the mass properties other than the centre of gravity. It is of little value since all parts are made of the same 'Default' material which does not reflect the real design.

2-Simulation time: I have been experiencing extremely slow simulation time (time needed for the computer to simulate the system). Yesterday it took the computer about 40 minutes to simulate 2 seconds! The computer i'm using to run the simulation is an Intel Core 2 Duo 2.67 GH with 4GB RAM which isn't THAT uncapable, I suppose.

Is that computation time usual or do I need to go through the constrains, parts and assembly i'm simulating to eliminate redundancies (r=2 currently) ?

3- Interfacing the model with MATLAB: I'd like to interface the model in Inventor with MATLAB to get a graphical simulation of the system after applying a control scheme. Is that possible?

Any help with these question would be greatly appreciated! Many Thanks in advance

-Jabir

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
MingweiGao
in reply to: jabirsaif

Hello Jabir,

Did you resolve your below problems about your project? I am very interested in your third problem and want to know some information from you.

Steven Gao

Sr. SQA Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report