Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with save location on SAT/Step Part

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Paul-FlintGrp
344 Views, 5 Replies

Help with save location on SAT/Step Part

I need some assitance with saving SAT/Step parts.  Prior to 2014 I was able to save the part, which put it into a "imported componets" folder inside my project.  I would then use explorer and move the parts to my own subfolder.  That subfolder would be relevant to the part, Mfg, area of machine I was working on.

Now the parts are saved automatically outside the project folder into /mydocuments/inventor.   (where I store my working projects)

I either need to get back to the /imported componets/ folder OR preferably select where I want the part saved on inital save.  When the part is save, regardless of ipt /iam I want all parts saved into that folder.

I am sure its a check box that I need to enable/disable

Attahced is the options screen on an imported part

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
karthur1
in reply to: Paul-FlintGrp

If you want to save in the ...\imported Components folder, check out the options in the "Save at Import File Location" drop-down.  You can tell it to save in a specific folder if that is what you want.

Kirk

2014-04-10_1624.png

Message 3 of 6
Paul-FlintGrp
in reply to: karthur1

I had that checked but it places it outside my project folder.  Regardless of what I select it has no effect it seems

Attached are the "options" and where it wants to save the part.

Message 4 of 6

Never mind.  I restarted Inv and the system and it now saves in the correct location.

Message 5 of 6
karthur1
in reply to: Paul-FlintGrp

Can you use the "Save in Workspace" option?

Here is what my 2014 shows when I use that option. Notice the destination folder.

Kirk

2014-04-11_0817.png

Message 6 of 6
Paul-FlintGrp
in reply to: karthur1

I can now.  Must have had a stuck bit that was forcing the location regardless of where I specified.

Thanks

Paul

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report