Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help with rotational relationships in assembly

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
209 Views, 1 Reply

help with rotational relationships in assembly

I have an assembly that has two rods that attach to a fulcrum. The fulcrum, in turn, is attached to a base. The fulcrum needs to rotate, which I have successfully achieved by setting up using both Contraint and Joint relationships with the base. I need to limit the angular motion of the fulcrum, and noticed that the Joint relationship has the ability to apply an angular limit when applying a Rotational type of Joint relationship. I've somewhat been successful with that, provided that the rods are not constrained to the fulcrum. But even if I constrain the rods to the fulcrum prior to applying the Joint (with the angular limit) the fulcrum still has 360 DOF in which to rotate.

What I ultimately need to do is be able to is show the fulcrum rotating a specified number of degrees. Ideally I'd like to show a weight driving that rotation. (The idea being that a weight attached to one of the other ends of one of the rods is dropped, and that drives the rotation of the fulcrum.) I'm still rather new to Inventor, and hopefully this is a case of missing just one or two bits that will help everything (literally) fall into place. Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
JoyceZhou
in reply to: Anonymous

Could you upload the dataset or send it to me directly, so i could take a look at?

Contact me via:jinghua.zhou@autodesk.com

Thanks!

Joyce-Jinghua Zhou

Inventor QA Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report