Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Migrating Style Library

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
rmccalleng12
441 Views, 4 Replies

Help with Migrating Style Library

I have been recently put in charge of all things Autodesk at my company.  We have just installed 2014 software on our machines and I'm told that I need to migrate the styles library from 2013 to 2014.  Here's the thing though, we have our Inventor templates and design data on a network drive for all to access.  Does this matter??? I see where there is a style manager included in the Tools of Inventor but I open it up and I can't make heads or tails of it.  The Wiki help instructions weren't much help as far as procedure for me.  Can anyone give me a better step by step procedure for migrating the styles from 2013 to 2014.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Cadmanto
in reply to: rmccalleng12

While I am still using 2012, I was told by my VAR that when it comes to the templates that is as simple as just calling them up in the upgraded version and simply saving them.  As far as being on a network, unless you have other users all using different versions of the software it should not be a problem.

Are you using Vault at all?  That could complicate the upgrade process.

When you say you can make heads or tails of the styles library, can you elaborate on that?  Maybe post some images?

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Make a new folder on the network and copy the 2013 design data to it.

Open the new folder in Style Library Manager and hit the Migrate button.

Message 4 of 5
rmccalleng12
in reply to: Anonymous

Does it matter if this is done while the software is being used (working hours) or not???
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

As long as no one else is accessing files in the new folder it should be OK.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report