Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Isometric sketch

37 REPLIES 37
SOLVED
Message 1 of 38
fadi.aboona
1710 Views, 37 Replies

Help with Isometric sketch

Good Day All,

I'm struggling with the attached. I need to make Isometric sketch from the attached. Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

37 REPLIES 37
Message 2 of 38
CCarreiras
in reply to: fadi.aboona

Hi!

What is your problem, create the 3D or place the isometric in the drawing?

You already made the 3D model?

I think is not fair to do all for you, this is not a place to do student's work, you have to learn and do something, give us something. What you already done? Attach the ipt and we guide you...

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 3 of 38
fadi.aboona
in reply to: CCarreiras

@CCarreiras wrote:

Hi!

I think is not fair to do all for you, this is not a place to do student's work, you have to learn and do something, give us something. What you already done? Attach the ipt and we guide you...

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

I'm not asking you to do it for me. Give me a hint. I tried for hours but it's not making sense to me!! I'm trying it on a graph paper.

It's not about starting the software and throwing stuff at it and make it work. I'm not understanding it!!

Top view is not lining up with front and right view. It's very tricky....

Thank you....

Message 4 of 38
fadi.aboona

@CCarreiras wrote:

Hi!

see attached of what i tried. It looks funny....

Message 5 of 38
CCarreiras

Hi!

Ok, you're not understanding, or imaginig how is the model.  I will give you a hint. Wait a sec...

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 6 of 38
CCarreiras

HI!

Take a look, maybe now you will figure a way to draw your isometric.

https://screencast.autodesk.com/Main/Details/ef91da92-261e-4a61-aede-8fbbfa2ffded

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 7 of 38
blair

This should get you started, a quick 30 second sketch on the old iPad. I didn't do all your work and left you the front chamfer corners. Capture1.JPG

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 8 of 38
fadi.aboona

@CCarreiras wrote:

HI!

https://screencast.autodesk.com/Main/Details/ef91da92-261e-4a61-aede-8fbbfa2ffded

Thank you...

Let me study that a bit. I will get back to you.

Message 9 of 38
fadi.aboona
in reply to: blair

@Blair wrote:

This should get you started, a quick 30 second sketch on the old iPad. I didn't do all your work and left you the front chamfer corners. Capture1.JPG

Thank you

Message 10 of 38
fadi.aboona

@fadi.aboona wrote:

@CCarreiras wrote:

HI!

Thank you...

Let me study that a bit. I will get back to you.

Hi,

Please have a look at attachment.

This was very tricky, It wasn't possible without your help. I was overlooking the right side which dictated the slope at the front.

Message 11 of 38
JDMather

You are missing a line.

Why not simply make the 3D model in Inventor and observe the results?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 12 of 38
fadi.aboona
in reply to: JDMather

@Anonymous wrote:

You are missing a line.

Why not simply make the 3D model in Inventor and observe the results?

Thanks, it's the horizontal line on the left triangle, correct?

Well i wanted to do it by hand first to understand and imagine it while doing it.

Message 13 of 38
JDMather

I understand that you are trying to learn freehand sketching, but I would start with the known and then work towards imagination as you gain experience.

Then rather than asking if "something makes sense", you know when you are right (or wrong).  Otherwise, it sounds like guessing to me.  I would expect less efficient progress to good sketching skills.

We get so used to school-based testing that we start to see the world as a test.

I remember going to the eye-doctor and guessing at what I was seeing on the chart.

Now how would that help me get the correct diagnosis of my eyesight if by chance I guessed correctly (I could sort of see the letters - not a complete guess in the dark).  That is how I see your problem.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 14 of 38
fadi.aboona
in reply to: JDMather

@Anonymous wrote:

I understand that you are trying to learn freehand sketching, but I would start with the known and then work towards imagination as you gain experience.

Then rather than asking if "something makes sense", you know when you are right (or wrong).  Otherwise, it sounds like guessing to me.  I would expect less efficient progress to good sketching skills.

We get so used to school-based testing that we start to see the world as a test.

I remember going to the eye-doctor and guessing at what I was seeing on the chart.

Now how would that help me get the correct diagnosis of my eyesight if by chance I guessed correctly (I could sort of see the letters - not a complete guess in the dark).  That is how I see your problem.

I will eventually use Inventor but i need to understand the basics first before i jump into Inventor.

Thanks,

Message 15 of 38
blair

ISO Sketching takes time, work is the other way around. Take simple objects and hand draw them in the 3-views. Set the object in each view on your desk surface and then look at it from each designated view and then hand sketch the view, Side, Top and End, then place it in the ISO position and hand draw it.

Everything in life is a test, you are only good as your last job, project or assignment.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 16 of 38
johnsonshiue

Hi! Did you try starting with the lower right view? Try to create a sketch based on that view and extrude the profile. It should help make some sense. Then add more features to see if the solid looks closer to the other views.

You need to develop the skills on your own irrespective of the CAD systems you want to use. Otherwise, you could have problems understanding drawing views.

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 17 of 38
fadi.aboona

Thank you all for taking the time to help. I think i'm getting the idea and will continue practising. Here is what i have been trying in inventor. Your feedback is welcomed.

https://screencast.autodesk.com/main/details/123d0437-1453-4e5b-8ec8-944b5db65bc9

Message 18 of 38
blair

Post the IPT file here, we can take a look at your modeling/construction techniques and suggest possible improvements

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 19 of 38
fadi.aboona
in reply to: blair

Attached above.

Thanks,
Message 20 of 38
JDMather

Sketch 1 is missing a dimension.

Sketch 4 and 5 are missing dimensions.

Make use of obvious symmetry.

http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/skillsusa%20university.pdf

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report