Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with inventor 2014

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
781 Views, 2 Replies

Help with inventor 2014

I got the body of the automoblox people done and it's telling me that I have to use slice graphics and project geometry to make the head. I attached the directions here. I've been trying to work on it but I don't understand what it's trying to tell me. Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

OK, i didn't read the whole thing, I'm not sure at which point you are getting stuck. But it looks like they want you to make a work axis down the vertical center which you will probably use to revolve around after making a sketch. Then it says to pick a square face and create a sketch on it. Then you want to slice graphics because the sketch plane falls inside at least some of the part you already made. This will allow you to see fully what you draw on this next sketch, and not have it be hidden by the existing material. It's just a graphical peek inside to see what you're doing. Then it says to project the geometry of the existing part, so that when you start sketching you have reference points you can use. The outlines of the existing geometry then become an active part of the new sketch and you can use them in your next extrusion. I hope that helps explain a little bit of why you're doing those steps.
Message 3 of 3
bob_holland
in reply to: Anonymous

If you do not know how to access slice graphics, you can use F7.

For additional information:

http://help.autodesk.com/cloudhelp/2014/ENU/Inventor/files/GUID-86DA98A1-9946-4662-A42A-7019E77D3C2E...

Have a great weekend.

Bob Holland
Autodesk Product Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report