Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with exporting videos in .ipn / presentation file

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jeremy.cui
1415 Views, 4 Replies

Help with exporting videos in .ipn / presentation file

So I've been having 2 issues with exporting an exploded view animation within the presentation file.

Issue 1: Trying to export as a .wmv, however when I get to the "WMV Export Properties" there are no profiles in the profile list. It just says "Custom Profile (see below)". It use to show a bunch of profiles on the list, but nothing anymore.

Issue 2: When exporting .avi (uncompressed) the video will not open on anything. It will not even open in Premiere Pro.

Untitled-1.jpg

Is this a codec issue or something else?

I am using Inventor 2013

Windows 7

I have Divx player, VLC player, and Windows Media Player with all the updates from Microsoft. Trying to avoid downloading any sketchy codec packs.

I sure could use some advice. Please and Thanks! 🙂

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
nates
in reply to: jeremy.cui

I am having the exact same issue.  Any help?

Inv pro 2015

Message 3 of 5
jeremy.cui
in reply to: nates

I'm still not sure... I solved my problem by giving up and manually animating my "very large assembly! in 3ds max.

since that time, I have reinstalled my computer and have also upgraded to 2015. for reasons I can't explain it has started to work now. My guess is that it was a video codec issue. Try the microsoft fix it codec troubleshooter or reinstall them. Wish I could be of more help. 😕
Message 4 of 5

I've been watching this hoping for an answer but nothing appeared. Now, 6 years later the issue still exists. The only way to export a Ray Traced rendered video in AVI uncompressed. But if the video becomes too large it also runs into problems.
My assembly is not that large (only 26 parts), took 3 days to render and in the end there is, or no player that can play the file correctly, or Inventor is not made to do this type of rendering. My end result is a 4 Gig .avi that opens in DivX and VLC but is all screwed up: screen split in 4 non-cohered sections. Windows Media goes straight to an error report.
Exporting without Ray Tracing works fine....but who want's that?
Message 5 of 5

10 years later and the problem still exist..............

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report