Inventor General Discussion

Contributor
Nate711
Message 1 of 3 (616 Views)
Accepted Solution

Help with editing extrusion

616 Views, 2 Replies
10-30-2011 10:13 AM

I have a part that I am editing constantly in the form of a single extrusion. The problem I am having is hard to explain so I attached a picture. Note this ins't actualy my part, I just made this for clarity. In the picture I extruded a circle. Then I editied the sketch to make another circle inside. Is there a way to make it so it just extrudes the ring without deleting and remaking the extrusion and breaking everything related to it? I want to use just one sketch because I will be laser cutting it later. Thanks.inventor help extrude.PNG

Hi

very simple

when you edit the extrusion, clic on profil button ( feature window) and after, pressand hold shift key and deselect the profile you don't want

See picture

Valued Mentor
yannick3
Message 2 of 3 (610 Views)

Re : Help with editing extrusion

10-30-2011 11:13 AM in reply to: Nate711

Hi

very simple

when you edit the extrusion, clic on profil button ( feature window) and after, pressand hold shift key and deselect the profile you don't want

See picture

Yannick Verreault
INV PRO 2015
MS Office 2007
Win 7 pro, core i7 950, asus P6T WS
nvidia Gforce GTX 295
WD caviar black 500Go
WD caviar black 1To

Contributor
Nate711
Message 3 of 3 (607 Views)

Re: Help with editing extrusion

10-30-2011 11:28 AM in reply to: Nate711

Wow, I feel dumb. Thank you!

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!