Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Constraining an object

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
225 Views, 5 Replies

Help with Constraining an object

Hello , im a fairly new user and im trying to simulate the stress on this box thing.

I made 2 panels and connect the legs with bolts using "Joint"
now what do i need to do in order to be able to constrain and them simulate?

Here is an image.
http://gyazo.com/792c341839d50ff30d030a3771d24c3a

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
mcgyvr
in reply to: 31155618

Well.. where to start..

FEA/Stress analysis is NOT for beginners.. It takes a complete understanding of how it works as well as where to properly add constraints that match the real world, how loads are applied, how joints will react, material properties,etc.. in order to get anything "usable" out of it..

I'd suggest going to youtube and watching some tutorials and then DO NOT put any faith or someones safety in the results you get.. People spend months/years attempting to grasp FEA concepts in order to get reasonable results. Its a profession in itself. 

Your question is like asking someone to write a whole book on the ins/outs of FEA and how it works.. But some tutorials on youtube,etc.. will get you going.. But again do NOT expect accurate results. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 6
JDMather

Attach your assembly here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 4 of 6
in reply to: JDMather

Here go!

Message 5 of 6
in reply to: mcgyvr

Thanks for the heads-up but i guess i get to start somewhere.

Message 6 of 6
JDMather

It would probably be best to start back at the basics of Inventor before attempting to tackle FEA.

An assembly file (*.iam) is only a list of hyperlinks to the part files (*.ipt) and a record of assembly constraints (and a bit more).

You must include the part files.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report