Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with circular pattern and Excel driven parametric

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
1448 Views, 7 Replies

Help with circular pattern and Excel driven parametric

Need some help with getting the Excel driven spreadsheet to drive the number of in a circular pattern.

This is nothing more than the number of bolt holes on a B.C.  The part is driven by a linked Excel sheet and I can drive all the dimensions but this one.  I am able to select drop down in placement of the circular pattern function and I see list parameters.  I select list parameters and I can see all the varibles to select from, my inputs on Excel (alpha charecters).  I select the one that applies (fwnumbc) and it goes to red.  The Excel sheet shows a correct number in "B" column.

Do I need to enable something? 

Inv 2009 and Inv 2011, Excel 2003 both Win Xp for 2009 and Win 7 for 2011.

Attached are a part fille and linked Excel sheet

Thanks

Paul

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Try setting that parameter to unitless.

Message 3 of 8
JDMather

and,
I think if I were making an iPart like this I would constrain Sketch1 to the origin.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

I got it to work.  Change the format of that cell to 'number', and the units to 'ul'. 

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

Also... I agree, constrain Sketch 1 to the 'center point' origin.  This is just best practice to ground your part to the origin.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

@jclaidler wrote:

I got it to work.  Change the format of that cell to 'number', and the units to 'ul'. 

Format of that cell in Excel was number, and placement was ul.  Sorry confused on what I need to do?

Not a Ipart.  Constrained in the main assembly to a part.  But thanks for the suggestion on origin constraint.

Paul

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

The example files you supplied had the cell set to inches.

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

Thanks!  Got it!

Paul

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report