Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with adding thread to Thread.xls

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
tlebrun
592 Views, 5 Replies

Help with adding thread to Thread.xls

I've added dozens of threads to the thread.xls file in the past.  I even added all the bearing nut threads before autodesk themselves, however, I have a odd problem with a simple thread that refuses to work. 

Attached is our thread.xls file.  I added a shade to all the custom threads (to make it easier to find).

The thread in question is on line 857 in the "ANSI Unified Screw Thread"  [8 7/8-16 UN].  This thread does not show up within the inventor list, and even prevents some clients from using threads/tapped holes at all with it there.

* The difference from this thread, and the hundreds i've added in the past is Windows 7 (from XP)

* Using MS Office 2007, when I open up the thread.xls file, it shows "Compatibility Mode" at the top (this could be a red flag, I've never noticed it before)

* The Thread.xls file is saved as a "Microsoft Office Excel 97-2003 Worksheet"   (correct?)

* All other custom threads work, as i've said, I've done this dozens of times, but what's different now?

Inventor Pro 2012

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
rush02112
in reply to: tlebrun

cell A857 is wrong. It has 8.625 instead of 8.875, so your custom thread is more than likely showing up in the 8.625 group instead of 8.875 like you are expecting. Make that change and it should work.

Message 3 of 6
tlebrun
in reply to: rush02112

Ah! silly me.  I knew it had to be a typo someplace.  Thanks for the keen eyes

+20 points for Rush02112

(great album btw)

Message 4 of 6
dimmu_6orgir66
in reply to: rush02112

Hey, if you're still online here, you seem to know how the thread table works. i often need fine threads and right now i need a m40x1.25 which of course is not in the table, but i have no idea how to add it so that the values are correct. would you be interested and have time to show me so that i can enter it myself in the future if i miss something?

Message 5 of 6
WHolzwarth
in reply to: dimmu_6orgir66

I think, you can get good dimensions by comparison to other threads with 1.25mm of pitch. See attachment.

Yellow fields are estimated, but don't really make a big difference in the end.

Walter Holzwarth

EESignature

Message 6 of 6
aaronbreaux
in reply to: tlebrun

So my company uses Gagemaker and their software gives all the dimensions to enter into the thread speadsheet. 

But in your case, google works pretty well and I would bet AI like chatgpt or bing could possibly work to get custom dims as well.

Here is a link on engineers edge I fund for you

https://www.engineersedge.com/hardware/metric-internal-thread-sizes2.htm

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report