Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Unstable drawing base views - dimensions delete themselves etc

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Leo_098
285 Views, 2 Replies

Help! Unstable drawing base views - dimensions delete themselves etc

Hi, 

Often when working through a project and the process making amendments to idw's I find I am spending a lot of time re-dimensioning drawings or amending drawing representations because inventor mysterioouly removes some information.  

This is getting so bad when i forward these drawings on to clients I look stupid because a dim has changed by a few mm or something has dissappeared.

I do a lot of Level of Detail representaions which may also be a problem but they are all set up and locked correctly.

I understand checking drawings is a obviouly important but when you are up against it with many drawings to ammend you dont have time to re-do silly things.

Any solutions with inventor?

Maybe this is a work flow issue if so any issues on that side?

Many thanks 

Frustrated Inventor user

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Martin_Goodland
in reply to: Leo_098

In your idw file and also the idw template file (for future drawings) if you go to document settings under one of the tabs is an option to retain orphaned anotations. This should make the dimensions and anotation stay on the drawing but turn pink rather than just disapearing. I think retaining the anotations is off by default but I am not infront of Inventor at the moment.

Regards

Martin

Inventor 2023
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Leo_098

Are your models fully constrained? 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report