Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Required: Pattern around arc with constant HORIZONTAL dimension?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
brian
240 Views, 3 Replies

Help Required: Pattern around arc with constant HORIZONTAL dimension?

Hi Guys,

Long time Inventor user, temporarily using the "Other" software, but have a interesting rpoblem with patterns. Since I seem to have next to no luck with the SWX forums and navigating them is a nightmare I thought I would ask here. I think both software has similar functionality so maybe someone can spark an idea for me.... 🙂

So I want to parametrically "Pattern" an object around an arc, but the catch is the constant dimsension is in the Horizointal or X-Axis not around the arc. See the attached image.

SO I want to later use some equations to alter the number of patterned objects, or change the horizontal dimension based on the Arc Radius, this I can do, but does anyone have an idea how I can build the Arced pattern with a horizontal dim?

Of course SWX has like Inv a pattern "around arc" feature but the constant dim is the distance around the arc not the horizontal dim as I desire. You can see the driven dims show that the distance around the arc is greater for each additional item in the "Pattern"

Maybe there is a simple way to do this? But Im really struggling to be honest to find a solution....

Thanks guys!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CCarreiras
in reply to: brian

Hi!

If you want a skecth with several points varies with arc radius and the horizontal parameter, it's possible to do, but not with array.

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
brian
in reply to: CCarreiras

Thanks Carlos,
If not with an array, then how would you handle a changing Number of points as well as changing position?

Brian
Message 4 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: brian

Attach your attempt (*.ipt and/or *.sldprt) file here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report