Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP PLEASE

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
480 Views, 6 Replies

HELP PLEASE

Hello!

I am interested to know if working with an Excel file that is linked to assembly, can suppress assembly item.
For example:
I have an assembly which is a cabinet with wheels that all his measurements two takes Excel file, I want that by changing the Excel file I get the assembly of the cabinet without wheels.

If there is another method would love to know.

Thank you for your help.

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Charles_Shade
in reply to: Anonymous

Welcome to the Autodesk Forums!

What is your CAD platform

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

Hello!

My platform is Autodesk inventor professional 2009

Thanks for help

ASRAF SHIMON
Mechanical Department Manager
Tel: 073-2197608
Tel: 04-9585680 Ext. 104
Fax: 04-9880603
Mobile: 052-8392537
E-mail: shm_asr@enertec.co.il
Message 4 of 7
cwhetten

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Please note that the Autodesk discussion groups are separated by software platform.  If you are using Inventor, you will get the most help by posting in the Inventor Forum.

Now, for your question.  There is no functionality with the Excel integration that will do what you ask.  The only way (with Inventor 2009) to do something like you want would be to program something in VBA.

There is an Inventor sub-forum specifically for discussing the customization of Inventor using VBA and the Inventor API.  You can find the Inventor Customization forum here.  You might try searching that forum to see if what you are asking has been done before.

Cameron Whetten
Inventor 2014

Message 5 of 7
cbenner
in reply to: cwhetten

@cwhetten wrote:

Please note that the Autodesk discussion groups are separated by software platform.  If you are using Inventor, you will get the most help by posting in the Inventor Forum.

Cameron Whetten
Inventor 2014

Um,... this is the Inventor forum,... isn't it?  Where am I?!  Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 7
cwhetten
in reply to: cbenner

@cbenner wrote:

@cwhetten wrote:

Cameron Whetten
Inventor 2014

Um,... this is the Inventor forum,... isn't it?  Where am I?!  Smiley Happy

Yeah, that was probably confusing.  Sorry.  I mentioned that because I got the impression that the original message was posted in another discussion group (maybe AutoCAD?).

Although, now that I look at it more closely, I don't know why I assumed that...  Apologies to any who I have confused.

Nothing to see here, move along, move along...  Smiley Tongue

Cameron Whetten
Inventor 2014

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: cwhetten

thenks for help

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report