Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Please - How to take away annoying lines from assembly parts?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
marcopolo09190
614 Views, 5 Replies

Help Please - How to take away annoying lines from assembly parts?

Hi Everyone

I've just started using Inventor and am getting the hang of things, but one thing that really annoys me is these lines that are all over the parts I use in assembly. Screenshot attached.

Could someone please help tell me how to remove them as it irritates me to no end.

Thank you!

Marco

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: marcopolo09190

Go to individual part, select the sketch and OFF the visibility of those sketches.

Message 3 of 6
Logos_Atum

On the other hand Inventor will turn visibility of the sketches off,

as soon as you extrude them for example.

Oh and you should put names to differ the parts as the model get´s more complex.

Dogs aren´t flammable.
Message 4 of 6
JDMather

And your sketches are not constrained.

You sould pattern features rather than sketche entities in most cases.

You might read this document.

http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/SkillsUSA%20University.pdf

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Those are sketch lines and/or projected geometry. You can turn them off by going into the appropriate parts and turning the visibility of the sketches off or by going to the assembly and the View tab then Object Visibility and turning off 2d sketches. Also if you are not extruding the circles, but just the squares around them you might change the circle lines to construction. Will make picking the extruded shape easier in the future. Also you could of used points to define the squares center instead of a circle and dimensioned to it.

Message 6 of 6

When I'm in a rush and can't be bothered tracking down the part & sketch, I just hit F10. Toggles sketch visibility. Just a short term fix though. In the end you will have to track them down and deal with them.

Other short cuts are CTRL+] for origin workplanes, CTRL+. for Origin point and CTRL +/ for Origin axes. Substitute ALT for CTROl for user planes, points nad axes.

Brendan Henderson

Web www.blhdrafting.com.au
Twitter @BLHDrafting

Windows 7 x64 -64 GB Ram, Intel Xeon E5-1620 @ 3.6 GHz
ATI FirePro V7800 2 GB, 180 GB SSD & 1 TB HDD, Inv R2016 PDSU SP1 (Build 210), Vault 2016 Professional Update 1 (Build 21.1.4.0)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report