Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help making a roll of tape?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mackenziej17
1344 Views, 3 Replies

Help making a roll of tape?

I have to make a roll of tape in Inventor, but I'm not too familiar with/used to the program. It's the small invisible adhesive tape, like the kind you'd find in office. So far, I sketched and extruded the plastic part the tape gets wrapped around, which is basically just a small tube. I also have a rectangle that's really long for the actual tape part, and that's extruded but very thin. they're both made as standard.ipt files. I opened a standard.iam file to put them together using constraints, but I'm not exactly sure how. I have the edge of the rectangle on the outside of the circle, so I just have to wrap it around. I'm assuming I just bend the rectangle (tape) around the circle (plastic part), but I don't know how to do that. Can anyone help me out with this? I feel like it shouldn' be that hard of a task for me to do.

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: mackenziej17

Use the Coil command with Spiral option at part level.
You can also drive a parameter for a linear section if you want to make it look realistic.

Attach your assembly here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
rdavis
in reply to: JDMather

Is there a different way to do this in Maya 2016? I'm trying to create a tape roll that will stick to a plane as it's being unrolled. You can get an idea of what I'm trying to do from the attachment.

So, after a short section is unrolled, the top part will peel away. (((I'm still learning))).

roll.jpg

Message 4 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: rdavis

Is your question about Maya or is it about Autodesk Inventor?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report