Inventor General Discussion

Inventor General Discussion

mackenziej17
Message 1 of 2 (336 Views)

Help making a roll of tape?

336 Views, 1 Replies
03-28-2012 05:45 PM

I have to make a roll of tape in Inventor, but I'm not too familiar with/used to the program. It's the small invisible adhesive tape, like the kind you'd find in office. So far, I sketched and extruded the plastic part the tape gets wrapped around, which is basically just a small tube. I also have a rectangle that's really long for the actual tape part, and that's extruded but very thin. they're both made as standard.ipt files. I opened a standard.iam file to put them together using constraints, but I'm not exactly sure how. I have the edge of the rectangle on the outside of the circle, so I just have to wrap it around. I'm assuming I just bend the rectangle (tape) around the circle (plastic part), but I don't know how to do that. Can anyone help me out with this? I feel like it shouldn' be that hard of a task for me to do.

Thanks in advance!

*Expert Elite*
JDMather
Message 2 of 2 (334 Views)

Re: Help making a roll of tape?

03-28-2012 06:13 PM in reply to: mackenziej17

Use the Coil command with Spiral option at part level.
You can also drive a parameter for a linear section if you want to make it look realistic.

Attach your assembly here.

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2014 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional
Inventor Professional 2015-SP1 64-bit
http://www.autodesk.com/edcommunity
http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/content/DSG322/inventor_surface_tutorials.htm
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!