Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help... In piping design... Tie In.

31 REPLIES 31
Message 1 of 32
Anonymous
1588 Views, 31 Replies

Help... In piping design... Tie In.

Hello Again..

Need some Help

My question is simple... i have a 16 inch pipe ... and i want to make 4 Tie-Ins in the 16 " Pipe.  Each Tie-In have the diameter of 8 Inch .

How can i make those Tie-Ins on the 16 inch pipe ? i want the 8 " pipe  welded to the 16 " pipe...   how i can " break the line "  of the 16 " pipe  when i am drawing in the pipe and tube envoirement , for make the tie-in ?? any ideias ???  i dont want to use a T conection .. because those pipes could already exist.

if you want..  i can put somenthing here for better explain...

Thx.... 🙂

31 REPLIES 31
Message 21 of 32
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Some Help my friend. ??

🙂
Message 22 of 32
ajcraig99

I havent had a look at your example, but if you cant find the weldolet you are after why cant you add a reducer to the weldolet to get the size you want?

Message 23 of 32
Anonymous
in reply to: ajcraig99

but i already put the weldolet here... if you read the entire post.. you see... what i cannot do.. is to put the weldolet that i found.. in the pipe...

and i also would like to install a branch connection with a reinforcement plate.. like i told in the post before... 🙂

Message 24 of 32
Anonymous

I sorry I haven’t got back to you sooner. I hope this is what you are asking for. It’s not the prettiest thing but you should be able to get the idea.

I hope this helps

Message 25 of 32
Anonymous

yes... for the weldolet its something like that.. but i put here in my post the weldolet that i want.. and its for a 8 inch pipe run... for a drain pipe of 3/4 " . in inventor dont have that kind of redution.... and i put here a weldolet with that kind of reduction... and the only think that i cannot do is to "install " the weldolet that i found , in the pipe...  and if anyone could help me to install the weldolet that i found.  ( this is for the question of the weldolet )

Message 26 of 32
Anonymous

Here is your part placed on an 8 inch pipe. I hope this is what you needed.

Message 27 of 32
Anonymous

yes it it... .. perfect... how did you do it ?? can you explain ?? 

Thx..

Message 28 of 32
Anonymous

If you have an Inventor part that was brought in from a different software you might have to alter the part to get your constraints to work right.  All I did was put one cut of the OD (Size of Run) in your weldolet so Inventor could recognize the size for the constraint to work.

PIC 1.jpg

When doing this you need to make sure you’re not to change your critical dimensions (in your case the overall height).

PIC 2.jpg

After you get done you can just constraint the part like you made it in Inventor

I hope this helps

Message 29 of 32
Anonymous

I am sure that this solution works... but i am not able to do it... can you help a video or something ??
i cannot center the weldolet in the same center line as the pipe.. and cannot go more forward than that..

helppp.. 🙂
Message 30 of 32
Anonymous

I might be able to do a video (whenever I get some free time) of your exact part but for now you can check out the links below.

There are a lot of you tube videos out there that can teach you the different ways to use constraints. Here is one that you might want to check out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ssy7xPrjR2U

Also Inventor (help) has some skill builders and tutorials that might be able to help.

http://help.autodesk.com/view/INVNTOR/2014/ENU/?guid=GUID-FAB20788-37A4-4A49-BBFF-4231DEEFA8B3

Message 31 of 32
Anonymous

Thx.. for the links...  already have some time for make the small video ?? thx.. 🙂

Message 32 of 32
Anonymous

Hi again...  I already saw the link that you gave me.. and they were helpful... some more tricks... and nice ones...

but like you told..  with software that is not from inventor is a bit different... 

and i tried to make by your explanation... but i could not do it...  when you have a bit of time... some help pls... ( with a video would be perfect )

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report