Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help importing a design with a design

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Wolfv88
233 Views, 2 Replies

Help importing a design with a design

Hello I am just downloading this software and need a little help. I wanted to use the program to design a robot for our school vex competion. Vex has provided cad files for all the parts. So my question which i need help with is how i can import the seperate parts into one design. I can only open each part individually but cant find a way to combine them so can assemble the robot in one design. Can someone please help me. let me know if you need more explination of my goal here.

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CCarreiras
in reply to: Wolfv88

Hi!

You will need to assemble the parts with geometric constrains.

Open a new file called "Standard Assembly" and insert a couple of parts with the tool "place". Use the tool constrains to connect the parts.

I suppose you will need a lot of help. Try to find a friend which knows how the software works.

Check some youtube videos about "assembly constrains"

Cad software can be simple, but not so much... Smiley Happy

Post a couple of parts... we will try to help you.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

Regards.
CCarreiras
Message 3 of 3
Wolfv88
in reply to: CCarreiras

Thanks i relized after your post that i wasnt using an assembly project thanks so much

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report