Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help: Decal constantly asking to be checked out/local version newer

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
cereakes
492 Views, 5 Replies

Help: Decal constantly asking to be checked out/local version newer

Whenever anyone at the company tries to open a model that has a decal part in it, the File Edit window comes up asking if the person wants to check out the part. As decals generally never change after they are created, they are never desired to be checked out. After saying no to check out, the window then reappears stating that the local is never than the vault, even though you just finished a Get operation. Is there anyway to keep these files from needed constant updating?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
cereakes
in reply to: cereakes

Anyone able to help with this?

Message 3 of 6

Hi cereakes,

Are you aware that you don't need to link the file externally? If you uncheck the Link checkbox (it's in the Open dialog when you browse to locate the image file), then when you create the decal the image is embedded into the part file.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 4 of 6

We know this now, the issue is with parts that are already created.

Message 5 of 6

Hi cereakes,

So would you be able to edit the part and delete the existing linked image and replace it with the same image but embed it rather than link it. I'm not sure if there is another way to do this.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 6 of 6

That is possible, it would just require a high level of time dedication. We might have to do this on a use by use basis. It doesn't seem like the ability to modify the link after creation exists. My guess is due to how little decals are used compaired to other commands.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report