Inventor General Discussion

Inventor General Discussion

*Expert Elite*
JDMather
Message 11 of 13 (60 Views)

Re: Help converting to DXF files

06-21-2013 04:53 AM in reply to: mansugi

Your design is not ready yet to send to manufacturing.

For example, rightfrontplate doesn't have any dimensions and if I start adding dimensions - they don't make sense.

Dimensions.PNG

I recommend you read this document

http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/SkillsUSA%20University.pdf

When you use Bolted Connection - I recommend you set the Custom tick so that your fasteners are saved local in your project.

I recommend that you do not rename files as they are hyperlinked in the assembly - when you rename the "address" is lost.

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2014 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional
Inventor Professional 2015-SP1 64-bit
http://www.autodesk.com/edcommunity
http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/content/DSG322/inventor_surface_tutorials.htm
*Expert Elite*
mrattray
Message 12 of 13 (59 Views)

06-21-2013 05:01 AM in reply to: mansugi

My preferred method for exporting dxf's for nc work is to create a flat patten and RMB on the Flat Pattern browser node>Save Copy As. (You can do this with parts that aren't sheet metal, too.) There's lots of useful options for compatibility with nc software, like converting splines to lines & arcs, layer controls, etc. and there's no chance your files going to come out at a wonky scale or with title blocks like when you're exporting from a drawing.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

mansugi
Message 13 of 13 (47 Views)

06-22-2013 09:59 AM in reply to: JDMather

Wow.....After reading all these replies....I am lost.

I am very new with CAD. I have no clue at all. I learned all these stuff thru youtube and manage to do those files that I need for a personal hobby project. Also that was the reason why I used the student version.

Anyway....I've read all those pdf.....and then realized what you guys talked about is all over my head.

Just wondering if any of you can really help me with this project. Now I have no confident of sending these files because I am afraid that all the dimensions are wrong. All I wanted are files that I can sent it to a local waterjet cutter so he can do the cutting.

Please let me know if you can help. We can go off-board.....if we have to.

Thanks again for all the replies and suggestions.

Az

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.