Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Assemble

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
666 Views, 7 Replies

Help Assemble

Good Morning, Ok im a Civil Engineer i'm working in my thesis, my thesis is try to prove a methodology for folding structures.

thats is a short explanation fo my work :

"Folding, as a means of changing the form, the requirement for components to move in relation to another means that foldable frames must be designed not only according to the statics and constructional points og view, but also according to additional Kinematic aspects. during folding, the frame form a Mechanism composed of bars and joints, and can be changed into a stable structure at the end of the folding sequence by relocking the connections"

I already designed the structure at the end of the folding sequence, but what i need is to check the mechanism in the folding sequence.

I made the assembly geometry in Autocad 3D, i inspected all the frame lenghts, and the connection angle of the joint with the frame, i made all the parts in autodesk inventor, and now im trying to assemble the mechanism , the constrain that I made with the  bars and the joint was a mate with the holes and a tangent constrain between both, the 4 joints that have a rectangle in the pictures that i am attaching, have a mate constrain with the X plane, because these joints cant have displacements in the Z plane, they are the mechanism base.

The problem I have is that all parts of the cube are not allowed to assemble, they show me a kind of error that i don't know.

im really new in autodsk inventor, please i Need some help to figure out what is happend with the assemble.

thanks

im attaching 4 pictures, the autodesk 3d and the inventor assembly file

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
CCarreiras
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi!

The assembly file just has the information about how parts are connected, not the parts itself.

You have to carry also the parts.

To do this, in your assembly: Save As -> Pack ang Go.

Zip the folder and post in here.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: CCarreiras

the project is to big, dont let me attached 😕 what should i do 

Message 4 of 8
CCarreiras

Hi!

In Pack an GO, verify if you had carryed the styles, templates, etc. This is useless and you can deactivate.

Check it if the package became smaller.

If not, sent the package from other ways. Have you Dropbox or other system to send files?

Post here the link to download.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: CCarreiras

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

You could open it?

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

I really dont know what kind of virus is, I am a mac user, so I really dont know :/, I use inventor with a virtual machine, do you have some mail?

Message 8 of 8
CCarreiras

Hi!

I can´t open your file... the system is shutting down the process... cause: Virus!!!

CCarreiras

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report