Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Appearences!!

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
SergioDesign
319 Views, 9 Replies

Help Appearences!!

I Have a multi body part (flow meter) which the main body is transparent clear and the rest of the parts are dark gray. it looks normal as a part. but when i use it inside an assembly the transparent body goes away and it only becomes White when the part material is set to generic. and everything becomes transparent when the part material is set to glass. is there a way to keep the body transparent and the rest of the components dark gray without having to create a flow meter assembly??

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Hi  SergioDesign,

I'm just guessing but I suspect your part is being placed in the assembly using the Master view representation, but your clear appearance is set in the part using an different view representation such as the one named Default.

http://help.autodesk.com/view/INVNTOR/2014/ENU/?guid=GUID-BF864D3E-6F97-48EA-BC2B-C6B5B30A6D8D

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 3 of 10

Hi Curtis, Thank you for replying. I created a view representation just for that appearence and locked it. unfortunatrely had the same result as previously. can you please take a look the attached. Does it have something to do that it is an Ipart?

Message 4 of 10
mcgyvr
in reply to: SergioDesign

Can you post the part?

Just a FYI.. If you model it as an assembly and set its bom structure to purchased, the components will not show up in the upper level parts list..

Which I'm just assuming might be one reason why you modeled it as a part only and not an assembly.. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 5 of 10
SergioDesign
in reply to: mcgyvr

I didnt want to deal with an assembly thats why i wanted to keep a single part file.

Attached is the part file.

Message 6 of 10
mcgyvr

Its a bug (or limitation) with multibody iparts..

Still an issue in 2015 too..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Message 7 of 10
johnsonshiue

Hi! Could you attach the file here or send it to me directly (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)? I would like to take a look at the part and see where the problem is.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 8 of 10
SBix26

I assure you, this should work.  I'm currently working with a flow gauge similar to yours, modeled it as a single multibody part, and the transparency carries through two levels of assemblies.  I don't have time to investigate further, but might it have something to do with being an iPart?  I can't see why that should be, but I don't have any other ideas.

This is shown in the top level assembly-- the part is a component of a subassembly.  This is in 2015, but I'm certain this worked the same way in 2013.

Mulitbody Transparency.png

Sam B

Inventor Professional 2015 SP1 Update 1
Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit, SP1
HP EliteBook 8770w; 8 GB RAM; Core™ i7-3720QM 2.60 GHz; Quadro K4000M

Message 9 of 10
mcgyvr
in reply to: johnsonshiue

@johnsonshiue wrote:

Hi! Could you attach the file here or send it to me directly (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)? I would like to take a look at the part and see where the problem is.

Many thanks!

He posted the part in post #5 of this thread...

But

You just need to make any multi-body part with one of the bodies being a transparent material.. Then make it an ipart. As soon as its put into an assembly the transparent material no longer shows properly. 

Its 100% related to it being an ipart.. A regular multibody part works just fine. 

When placing the part into an assembly the transparent material shows.. But as soon as its truely placed into the assembly it goes away..

Lets try the video embedding..

Message 10 of 10
SergioDesign
in reply to: mcgyvr

That is exactly what I am experiencing. and now I know It has to do with it being an ipart. thank you all for your help!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report