Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having trouble using ipart in assembly

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
viv3k
317 Views, 2 Replies

Having trouble using ipart in assembly

Hi,

I created a inventor part by name "011-03-054-A-25x50 HS" 100mm in length. Used "011-03-054-A-25x50 HS" in a assembly and used the same part in another assembly. Then I created a ipart  with a different length which is 250mm. Now I want to use 250mm length in the second assembly. How do I doit? I couldn't find an answer any where. I am using Autodesk Inventor 2013 in windows 7.

This was called configrations in Solidworks and was ver easy to use. can anyone help?

Cheers,

Viv

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mikebelter
in reply to: viv3k

From the photo it looks like the iPart parent file is inerted in the assembly. Usually that happens when a part is "converted" to an iPart after being inserted into an assembly as a plain part. To "fix" this, first, make sure the iPart parent file is set up correctly with the proper keys, filenames, etc. then generate members from within the iPart. Now go back to the assembly and use component replace and replace the iPart parent file with the proper member that you just generated.

Thanks,

Mike

Message 3 of 3
viv3k
in reply to: mikebelter

Thanks Mike.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report