Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

having trouble making this angle

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
mediopolis
233 Views, 1 Reply

having trouble making this angle

Hi,
I am trying to work on a shelf I am building, and I am fairly new to Inventor and have watched a few hours worth of tutorials. I use 3ds max heavily and was able to make this angle with no problem. Take a look at the images and see if maybe this can't be done in inventor.

I tried a 3d sketch, but cant get that to extrude. thanks for any insight!

shelf4.jpg

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
sam_m
in reply to: mediopolis

Welcomet to the forum.

What Inventor version?  It always helps to state this when you have a problem - as Inventor is not backwards compatible it will only frustrate someone trying to help if they created a file in 2014 and then you admit you're on 2013 and can't open it...

As for the problem...

If I'm right in thinking, you want a sloped face from the long straight edge to the long kinked edge?  To me, an obvious solution is to loft (as a surface) the long straight edge to the long kinked edge, using the 2 short edges and the middle line in the 3d sketch as rails.  You could then sculpt this surface to make it all a solid.  I think you may need to use surfaces as I don't think you can use edges with solid lofts (not 100% sure though).  If you said you're on 2014 then I would have created an example file Smiley Tongue

Sam M.
Inventor and Showcase monkey

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question...
If you have found any post to be helpful, even if it's not a direct solution, then please provide that author kudos - spread that love 😄

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report