Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having trouble locating Work Features

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
KevinMacDonald
241 Views, 1 Reply

Having trouble locating Work Features

During the course of my first Inventor project I realize I have created any planes, axes and points I did not necessarily need. I am trying to clean them up by either deleting or setting turning off visibility. However, I have a few planes that for the life of me I cannot figure out how to locate in the browser! Parts and assemblies are easy. You just right click and select "Find in Browser". But that does not work for planes. 

Any ideas?

Inventor 2013
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hi KevinMacDonald,

By default work features are set to Consume Inputs, meaning that if you create one work feature based off another, the original work feature will be stacked under it in the browser. You'll find it by exapnding the + symbol next to work feature node in the broswer. You can right-click on it and uncheck the Consume Input option to un-stack them.

If you use the Find in Browser option, it should expand the broswer for you though. I'm not sure why you wouldn't see that working, but I'm uncertain if you're doing this from the part level or the assembly, and if the work planes are in the part or were created in the assembly? You might need to change you selection filter from Select Component Priorty to Select Feature Priority to be able to select plane that reside in a part, from the assembly. The selection filter dropdown is at the top of the screen on the Quick Access Menu.

However, there might be an easier way for you to turn off your work planes. Below is some more reading on work feature visibility from the help files.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Inventor/enu/2012/Help/0073-Autodesk73/0308-Parts308/0337-Work_geo337/0...

To set visibility using the context menu

You can turn visibility on or off for any of these selected features using an option on the context menu.

1. In the browser or the graphics window, select one or more work features, sketches, or surfaces.
  2. Right-click and select Visibility. Clear the check mark to turn off.
  3. To turn on visibility, select one or more work features, sketches, or surfaces in the browser, right-click, and select Visibility.
NoteTo select multiple work features, hold down the Ctrl key and select.

To set work feature visibility in the browser

You can turn visibility on or off in the browser. The setting affects only the browser, not the graphics window.

• To hide work features, click the browser filter symbol and select Hide Work Features.
  • To display work features, click the browser filter symbol and clear the check mark.

To set visibility using the View menu

You can turn visibility of sketches, surfaces, and categories of work features on and off. By default, sketches, surfaces and work features are visible.

1. On the ribbon, click View tabVisibility panelObject Visibility.
  2. On the drop-down list, clear the check mark to hide work geometry, surfaces, or sketches. Select the option to turn on visibility.

Browser symbols show the visibility state selected in the View menu.

NoteTo reset visibility on or off in the browser or graphics window, first set the option on the View menu.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report