Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have two presentation tweaks occur at the same time

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
rg97
2506 Views, 8 Replies

Have two presentation tweaks occur at the same time

Hi all.

I am working on a assembly where I would like a bolt to spin as it goes into it's hole. The best I can get is having the bolt slide into the hole and then rotate, which I attached. I guess I want it to look "realistic." 

There is probably some simple answer to this but I'm just having a "blonde moment" and cant figure it out. 

Thanks in advance. See video.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
JavaLodge
in reply to: rg97

When you open your animation window, click the double arrow to the bottom right of the box. In the list of components, find the bolt. There should be two sequences associated with it, one that turns it and one that translates it. Select the two and click group. Now both sequences will play at the same time, making the bolt turn as it moves in.
in reply to: JavaLodge

Java, Thanks. I knew that there had to be some simple solution and you got it.
Message 4 of 9
s.samet
in reply to: JavaLodge

Thank you so much you saved us when we try to make a final project.

@JavaLodge wrote:
When you open your animation window, click the double arrow to the bottom right of the box. In the list of components, find the bolt. There should be two sequences associated with it, one that turns it and one that translates it. Select the two and click group. Now both sequences will play at the same time, making the bolt turn as it moves in.

Message 5 of 9
lhomutoff
in reply to: s.samet

How do you combine movements "tweaks" of the same part in 2019 Autodesk Inventor. The ipn tools are totally different and the ability to "group" movements from the same part seems to be gone. 

@JavaLodge wrote:

Message 6 of 9
RobertKarlsen
in reply to: lhomutoff

Hi! Im asking the same question! 🙂

How can i do the same thing in Inventor 2020

Thanks,

-Robert.

Message 7 of 9
SBix26
in reply to: RobertKarlsen

Timing of tweaks is controlled in the timeline at the bottom of the Presentation screen.  Simply move the tweaks in the timeline to coincide with each other.

Feel free to attach a sample dataset, someone here can show you how to do it.

Sam B
Inventor Pro 2020.0.1 | Windows 7 SP1
LinkedIn

Message 8 of 9
RobertKarlsen
in reply to: SBix26

Ohh... I was looking for that timeline, but the line under the "time scale" was too far up, so i didn`t see it 🙂

Thanks!

Message 9 of 9
townerc
in reply to: RobertKarlsen

townerc_0-1650457385130.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report