Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have some fun with it

20 REPLIES 20
Message 1 of 21
Anonymous
1266 Views, 20 Replies

Have some fun with it

We just changed to Iv R2011, and there's a new irritation in it... I've been told there's no way to turn it off, so I thought I'd have some fun with it (see attached). 

... waaaaay back in the day... (for us older folks, "once upon a time..."), a company called AutoDesk made a product called AutoCAD.  They sold this to a person named User.  The product worked well, though it did not DO a whole lot.  The company improved it over time, and both AutoDesk and User were happy.  Then, one day, an evil troll named Microsoft changed the ground upon which AutoCAD stood!  The change was monumental, and all involved agreed that Microsoft must be a genius.  One of the teeeeny, tiiiny changes was an extra "mousie-click" needed to do things that only one "mousie-click" had done before.... "AHA" thought AutoDesk (and its progeny, SolidWorks, et al...), we have discovered the secret of the troll's genuis... it's "mousie-clicks".  Every new release added "mousie-clicks" to every operation, until it took TEN "mousie-clicks" to so what one had done before.  And THAT is the reason in Inventor, AutoCAD, and ALLLL the others, it takes an extra "mousie-click" to say "I'm done"... and an extra to say "Yes, I'm really done"... and ONE MORE to say "YES, DARNIT, I'M REALLY DONE!!!"... ) ... aaaandd, NEW in R2011,  you must click the green check-mark!!

20 REPLIES 20
Message 21 of 21
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Lonesome Joe, I think you're right about that, marketers driving the development that is. I really wish that Auotdesk would stop adding new features and simply concentrate on fixing the bugs and at least addressing some of the wishes that the users have requested.

As you have pointed out, change for the sake of change is never a good thing. As users we need things to flow in a logical manner and for the most part, Autodesk follow that basic rule, but every now and then they do stupid things like your original question, and with the Materials/Appearances debacle. It just doesn't follow a logical flow.

When was the last time you hit the books to find a library? I always thought you went to a library to find the books .... lol Smiley Very Happy

What Autodesk seem to forget is that without users, there is nothing to market.

Inventor with no bugs, wouldn't that be heaven. Smiley Happy

Oh, and my apologies for getting offtrack with your original question. It seems that somewhere in my twisted little mind I had thought that you upgraded to 2012 ... Doh!  Of course it was 2011.

Hey ... I'm human .... I think .... lol Smiley Very Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

Autodesk Design & Make Report