Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hardware... Again..

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Dennissthemenace
295 Views, 2 Replies

Hardware... Again..

I have to decide for a mobile W.S. to "drive" Inventor 2013, VXelements and Rapidform XOR-XOS.  We would like about the best, in order to have a very responsive PC now, OK later, and..  Something still doing his job in 3 y, or about.

The specific question is about V-Card.

In short, here are the 3 choices offered to me by my regular vendor.

1- GTX 675M

2- Radeon HD 7970M

3-Maybe a Quadro 3000M

Opinions based on experiences, please ?

Here are my own taught, but .. Not sure at all..  

- "bigger" Quadro are there, but getting VERY expensive !! 

- And I already think that since we are now on DirecX, #1 will be better than Quadro

- , and ..   If not mis-match (driver and ...), #2 will do even better than 1 ??

( The laptop will use best avail. 3.8ghz-CPU, 32Go-1333-Ram and Corsair FS3-SSD-pair in Raid0 ...)

I did search before all around here, and also goggling, and..  Not much "experiences" to read, so that is why that post.

TTS, Denis.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
blair
in reply to: Dennissthemenace

I just picked up an Alienware M17x laptop for work out of the office. It has the GTX 675m with 12gb of memory an a couple of hybrid drives in RAID0.

Since Inventor is Direct-X, no need for Quadro.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Dennissthemenace

ssd will improve your software perfomance within windows

they are slower at accessing multiple files you would be better off havving raid0 (stripped) raptor drives the WD with ear in the the codes have great platter density, cahce etc

also something to ensure is that the mobo has a the latest chipset and that the buslines will handle the fast ram, cpu etc (not bottleneck it at the northside bridge)

plus the speed of each individual core is more appropriate to inventor than the overal clock speed of the cpu (editing multiple idw's are the only thing atm that even access more than one core)

ie a 2 GHz quad core should go better for inventor than a 3 GHz 8 core

just some thoughts...you will find lots of threads and debate on the subject if yousearch the forums

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report