Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guitar Neck to Headstock transition question.

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
rubinboy9
980 Views, 6 Replies

Guitar Neck to Headstock transition question.

I am pretty new to Inventor, I use it for engineering at school but I still encounter new things. Right now I am stuck trying to find a way to create a fluid transition from the headstock into the neck. I have tried quite alot of things, I'm pretty sure I'm approaching this completely the wrong way so... Any suggestions are appreciated 🙂 (I'm trying to get the headstock angled in my finished assembly but I'll have to remake my headstock for that, so right now I'm happy with a simple straight headstock.)

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
graemev
in reply to: rubinboy9

It all kinda depends on what you want the transition to look like.  You might try a swept profile cut following the curvature of the neck as the path.

Message 3 of 7
rubinboy9
in reply to: graemev

A sweep eh, never thought of that. I am terrible at keeping my sketches clean and all, so I'll try to do it and let you know here 😄 Thanks in advance.

Message 4 of 7
rubinboy9
in reply to: graemev

It doesnt seem to work for me, it's giving me errors, i know I'm doing something wrong, I'll post some pictures of my Ibanez guitar, which pretty much shows what I'm trying to achieve. If you want me to, I can also post my IPT and IAM's. (sorry for the messy room in the pictures, happens when you're 16)

Message 5 of 7
rubinboy9

Any suggestions?
Message 6 of 7
coreyparks

Would something with a variable fillet work like in the attached file?

Please mark this response "Accept as solution" if it answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corey Parks
Message 7 of 7
rubinboy9
in reply to: coreyparks

That's what I needed! Thanks 😄

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report