Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GTX-690

24 REPLIES 24
SOLVED
Message 1 of 25
cbenner
1478 Views, 24 Replies

GTX-690

This is a question I don't even really want to ask.  I'm very happy with my current graphics card, GTX-680.  It does everything we need it to do.  but since we're buying new PC's, our IT was directed to investigate new cards.  The one they came up with that I am supposed to ask about is the GTX-690... the next step up from what we currently have.

Is anyone using this card, and if so are you having any issues or problems?  We do not do any heavy rendering or simulation, just your average day to day modeling and assembly work.  Nothing that is going to heavily tax a graphics card.

I had to ask....  TIA.

24 REPLIES 24
Message 21 of 25
Frederick_Law
in reply to: cbenner

Still has a 640 at home.

Message 22 of 25

OUCH!!

My PC history has been 670 -> 780 -> 980 -> 1080ti -> 2018ti and finally on a mobile 3070

If this solves your issue please mark this posting with the "ACCEPT SOLUTION".
If you like something that was said or if it was helpful, Likes are appreciated. Thanks!
Message 23 of 25
Frederick_Law

Inventor runs well with it.

My laptop has Intel 4400 Graphic, SW and IV runs good.  Even on 4K TV.

Actually, still got a few Diamond Viper 😝

Message 24 of 25
CGBenner

Looks like I'm on an NVIDIA Quadro T2000.  I don't do anything quite as intense with Inventor or Fusion as I used to.  So far this has been a great laptop for my needs.

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project
Message 25 of 25
JonathanKruger

The 2000 is normally the best bang for buck Quadro card to get for CAD but we generally use the gaming cards as they cost less and the last time Nvidia created a optimized driver for a Quadro card for AutoCAD was in 2011 when they switched AutoCAD and Inventor to run on Direct X.  

If this solves your issue please mark this posting with the "ACCEPT SOLUTION".
If you like something that was said or if it was helpful, Likes are appreciated. Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report