Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

group parts in model tree

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
zeichstein
3419 Views, 5 Replies

group parts in model tree

if you know of a thread that covers this topic please list it.... I searched for 10 minutes and could not find anything...

I have a large assy with lots of fasteners individually constrained... The model tree is filled with them.... I would like to "group" them for consolidation and display purposes.... is this possible?

I have tried demoting them to a sub assembly and set the bom level to phantom and then make it flexible..... but i lose all my mates and redoing all of them is not an option... Is there an easy way?
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
mcgyvr
in reply to: zeichstein

Inventor 2010 introduced browser folders. You simply create a folder in the model tree and drag/drop your fasteners into it. I'm guessing you don't have 2010 though. If you don't your out of luck.. (Other than demoting to a sub which doesn't work for you either)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 6
msklein

FOR future questions it helps if you tell us what version you are using.
msk
Message 4 of 6
JDMather

Assuming it has been a while since your training you should always check out What's New.

If you are in training - this will be covered at some point (see attached).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 5 of 6
zeichstein

been using since 5.4

running 2008 corporate wide but migrating to 2010.

Still using the spaceball 2003 that 3d connection has been trying to kill since 2003... actually it is a rare black imb spaceball..... same old serial driver keeps on working and I am using it through a usb to serial converter... I just do not like the puck design for all day cad... The big ball is still the easiest on the hands....

Once we get office 2003 on all the machines we will be on 2010 for the multi part fea features....

still a good deal for 6k a seat.....

thanks again.

Thomas Robertson
Windward Inc.
Message 6 of 6
JDMather

>...running 2008 corporate wide but migrating to 2010.
>...we will be on 2010 for the multi part fea features....

Be sure to go through that What's New. There is a ton of good stuff in 2010 besides multi-body (including some stuff that I have found that isn't documented near as I can tell).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report