Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ground plane issue

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
gazadder
378 Views, 1 Reply

Ground plane issue

I am having an issue with the ground plane in inventor that doesn’t work with rolled (in my case anyway) sheet metal parts. Please put the attached part into a new assembly (but don't ground the part) and “mate” the Z axis to the Z axis and the xy plane to the xy plane which should make the part freely revolve around the axis. Now switch on the ground plane (automatic adjust to the model) and you will notice that when you  rotate the part that some of the time the ground plane does not touch the lower limit of the part. However, if you flat pattern the part (with an unfold) the ground plane now stays solidly stuck to the part as it should.

The reason why this is important to me is that the scale of the views in my GA drawing is based on the extents of the assembly. However, the extents also includes the ground plane (even when not turned on) so I am getting a false extents which messes up the scale of the GA.

I have made sure all the other planes and axis are turned off which may influence the ground plane.

Does anyone know what is going on here?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
gazadder
in reply to: gazadder

anyone?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report